Monday, September 10, 2012

Chicken Marsala Pasta


I absolutely LOVED this recipe. I wasn't sure how I was going to like it since I am obsessed with the traditional version of chicken marsala with mashed potatoes, but I was pleasantly surprised by how it turned out. It's a much lighter meal that traditional chicken marsala. Oh, and be sure to add yummy mushrooms - the original recipe didn't have them. 

Also, if anyone would like to make this sometime soon, I have a lot of leftover marsala wine that you can't really use for anything else. Let me know and you can have it! I also have some fresh basil and parsley! 

From Taste of Home magazine
"Delish Pesto Pasta with Chicken Marsala"
Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients
4 cups uncooked penne pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 cup marsala wine
1 cup white mushrooms, chopped (I added these)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup 2% milk
1 envelope creamy pesto sauce mix
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley

Directions
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink; remove from the pan. 
  2. Add garlic and lemon peel to the same pan; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add wine, lemon juice and mushrooms stirring to loosen browned bits from the pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the cheese, milk and sauce mix. Add chicken; cook until sauce is slightly thickened.
  3. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to combine.
  4. Sprinkle with herbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment