- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 onion, julienned
- 3 cups mashed potatoes - I used smashed red potatoes
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 slices American cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in skillet with garlic.
- Brown chicken breasts on all sides. Set aside and cover.
- In same pan, saute peppers and onions until tender.
- Place mashed potatoes in bottom of a greased baking dish. Place cheeses, peppers and onions on top of potatoes. Add chicken to top. Bake in oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes or under chicken is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.