Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekend in Wichita!

Well my attempt to re-start this blog was a failure...... but I'm going to keep trying!
Over Memorial Day weekend, I had the wonderful opportunity to make the six hour trip to visit my sister, her husband and the most adorable little girl in the whole world (aka my niece). My husband would have loved to go on this trip, but he is in training again at work (yay hubby!!!) and isn’t allowed to take time off during those weeks. So instead of making the long trip alone my good friends, Katherine and Katie, came along! We dropped Katie off in Kansas City so she could spend some time with her family, but Katherine was with me for the whole weekend! I definitely missed my husband, but it was great to get some quality girl time in!

Katherine and Katie in the car

While in Wichita, Katherine and I got a lot of time to relax, read and just hang out! It was a good break from our normal crazy-busy schedules! Wichita is very similar to Des Moines. It's like a little, big city. There isn't a whole lot to do, but Katherine and I enjoyed running errands with Eric, going to the riverwalk, going to Freddy's for some delicious frozen custard and my favorite.... playing with my niece!!!

What a cute family!
Sunset at the RiverWalk
Sisters!!
We both love headbands!

My little niece is going to grow up to be one of the most beautiful, but certainly most intelligent women ever - she speaks French, English and knows some sign language!.... oh and I should note that she isn't even two yet!

I had such a great time with my family in Wichita. I can't wait to do it again in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment