Thursday, July 19, 2012

Recipes!

Last week I had a sudden urge to go through my growing collection of cooking magazines (Grandma Meyer sends them to me, I love her!), clip the recipes I actually intend on making someday and toss the rest of the magazine. Random, I know, but I really don't like clutter. Anyways, I clipped tons of recipes and have enjoyed experimenting this past week and so far I am three for three!!!

Since I am going to be trying out a bunch of new recipes, I figured I would share the ones I like with all of you! On the side bar to the right, you will find a link list with my recipes. I hope to update this on a regular basis with recipes I've been trying out. 

The first three recipes on the list are the ones I tried this week and I really enjoyed them all: 

Taco Pizza: Instead of a traditional pizza crust, this one uses a cornbread-like crust - it is super easy and super delicious! I followed this recipe exactly and then topped the pizza with lettuce, red onion, tortilla chips and sour cream. 

Italian Sausage Minestrone: I had a bunch of sausage in my freezer so I decided to use it up on this recipe. I followed this recipe for the most part, but I added a box of elbow macaroni at the end and used kidney and pinto beans instead of the ones listed. It turned out really well, but ended up being more of a goulash than a soup. It also makes A TON! So I have a bunch in my freezer to eat later!

Hawaiian Chicken: Love this recipe!! I followed this recipe exactly besides using pineapple tidbits instead of rings and it turned out amazing! This is one of the few chicken dishes that I have enjoyed the next day - chicken just doesn't microwave very well in my opinion. 

I also included the recipes that I have previously posted on this blog. I will post more recipes as they come to mind or as I discover them!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment