Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Believe

Believe by Mainstay

I don't know if I still have the strength to get up again I don't know if I can face my own reflection
(Romans 7:18-20 “I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.)

Jesus, take this heart that feels so cold again, and make it new

(Psalm 51:10 “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.”)

I hold this hope inside that you'll never leave me
(Deuteronomy 31:8 “The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”)


When all around me starts to fall,
(1 Corinthians 6:4-10 “Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.”) Even when things seem bad, there is always something good that comes from it.


and when my faith it seems so small
(Matthew 17:20 “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.”)


Even in my darkest hour, I will believe
(Matthew 27:45-46 “From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land. About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”)

So many times I get focused on my life and all of my “problems” but today when I read this verse God once again gently reminded me that this life is not about me. God may ask me to give up some things in my life, He may ask me to endure a few painful situations, He might even ask me to do a couple crazy things to see if I really trust Him… but He is the one who really has endured the darkest hour when he sent his Son to die on a cross and take all of the worlds’ sin upon Himself.


I don’t know how I could turn my back and walk away
Revelation 2:3-5 “You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.”


All I really want is for your love to hold me
Hosea 2:19 “I will betroth you to me forever; I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion.”


Jesus, take this heart and make it whole again
I know you’ll never leave me
When all around me starts to fall

and when my faith it seems so small
Even in my darkest hour, I will believe
Even if the sun begins to fall,
even when I feel nothing at all
Even if I’m all alone,
I will believeI will believe...
When all around me starts to fall
and when my faith it seems so small
Even in my darkest hour,
I will believeI Will believe...
Even in my darkest hour, I will believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment