Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Testimony

Based on the world’s standards, I had it all while I was growing up. I had money, friends, a car, nice clothes, a boyfriend and many opportunities to “have fun.” After years of chasing material things I painfully realized how quickly it can (and eventually will be) all be destroyed, amounting to absolutely nothing. I can relate a lot to what the author of Ecclesiastes must have felt when he too realized that the pleasures in this world really are meaningless.

Ecclesiastes 2:10-11
“I denied myself nothing my eyes desired;
I refused my heart no pleasure.
My heart took delight in all my work,
and this was the reward for all my labor.
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
and what I had toiled to achieve,
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
nothing was gained under the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment