Wednesday, March 9, 2011

And I was like, baby, Baby, BABY……..

Chris and I are officially telling people this week that we are expecting our first little one this fall! The due date is October 2 so we’ll both get an extra special birthday present this year (Chris’ birthday is September 24 and mine is October 4).

Chris and I found out that I was pregnant on our one year anniversary (January 22). I had been feeling a little strange for about a week or so, but I didn’t want to get my hopes up so I tried not to think about it too much and decided that I wasn’t going to tell Chris about my suspicions until I knew for sure. So I tested the morning of our anniversary and sure enough I was! I spent a few moments just staring at the word “pregnant” but then I ran into our room to wake Chris up by saying “Happy anniversary daddy!”

I will be 11 weeks on Friday and so far things have been going really well! I am thankful that besides a few days of feeling incredibly sick, I have felt pretty well overall. My only “symptoms” are a constant desire for a nap, a crazy sense of smell, a hatred of raw chicken and a gag reflex like no other…gross, I know.

We had a minor scare a few weeks ago, but things turned out just fine and we got to see our little one a bit earlier than expected. We have our next doctor’s appointment on March 16 and are excited to hear the little heartbeat!

We will try to keep everyone posted on how things are going. I am hoping this kiddo will make me a better blogger!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So So So looking forward to meeting this baby, baby, baby! And thanks to you, I have had this song stuck in my head the last two days!!

    ReplyDelete