Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Chunky Stage

I am now almost 13 weeks pregnant and have had many people ask me, "Are you showing yet?" My reply is, " No, I just feel kinda chunky." I have gained about two pounds, but depending on the time of day (especially after lunch or dinner), I feel like I've gained much more. I am anxiously awaiting the baby bump, but I'm also content with its absence because I know that once the bump is visible it will only get larger and larger! I'm kinda nervous about the weight gain and the massive belly that I'm destined for, but I know it will all be worth it to have a precious little boy or girl at the end of it all.

Overall, things continue to be going well. I don't really know what I was expecting during my first trimester, but I'm convinced I have had it pretty easy. I continue to have little to no symptoms and the few symptoms that I did have are lessening as the days go by. I am most thankful for having more energy these days. I still have a few days where I crash on the couch for an hour after work, but my constant need to sleep seems to be getting better (although I still love cat naps).

Chris and I heard our kiddo's strong heartbeat at our appointment last week. It was definitely the most amazing thing I've heard in my life so far, but it was also a tad bit creepy. To actually hear another human being's heartbeat coming from inside of me was just crazy! I mean, think about it....there is a human growing inside of me! It really is mindblowing if you stop and think about it for awhile (I tend to overthink things a lot). But anyways, Chris and I have our next appointment in mid-April and then we will only be a few short weeks away from finding out if we are having a boy or girl!

I'm looking forward to what the second trimester has in store for us. Hopefully it will be as calm and easy as the first! One prayer request that I do have for this next stage is that I will survive the allergy season! Ever since moving to Iowa I have become crazy-allergic to the outdoors from April - July. Please pray that I won't get the severe headaches and constant flu-like symptoms that I have gotten in the past.

I will try to upload a photo or two with my next post! :)

1 comment:

  1. SO excited for you guys! The bump will be here before you know it and the next thing you know you'll be 38.5 weeks pregnant like me! :) Hope everything goes smoothly. If you need anything or have any questions, let me know!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete