Monday, January 16, 2012

A Late Christmas Post

I've kinda dropped the ball in updating this blog with the business of the holidays. Whoops!

For Christmas, Chris, Addie and I traveled to my parent's house in Nebraska. We were delighted that we didn't have to deal with ice or snow for our six hour drive there. In fact, we enjoyed weather in the 40s and 50s! That was the best Christmas present ever!

We spent a lovely few days with my parents and sister, Kelly, and the dogs, but we missed the Spoor family (Lindsey, Eric and Alex) greatly this year! Thankfully we got to spend time with them at Thanksgiving, but we cannot wait to see them again sometime soon! Addie and Alex are going to be great friends someday... As long as Alex speaks to her in English! My niece is fluent in French and is quite the smart and talented little lady!

Here are a few pictures from Christmas with my family:

Kelly bought Addie her "First Christmas" onesie.
She also thought it was funny to
 put the dog's antler hat on her...

Addie's new favorite toy is the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
ratttle that came with the book.

I made my parents a book on Shutterfly of Addie's birth. 
After spending time at my parent's house, we drove back to Des Moines (in gorgeous weather again!) to celebrate Christmas with Chris' family. We had a short, but great time with the whole family! We enjoyed great food, a great Christmas story and lots of gift opening. Sorry, I don't have any photos from this event!

After enjoying a day of rest in between all of the Christmas fun, Chris, Addie and I headed to Omaha, Nebraska for our annual church conference, Faithwalkers. I must say, it is a very different experience as a new mommy, but overall we had a fabulous time and left very encouraged and ready to begin a new year! 

To end this post, here are a few of our Christmas photos that were taken by Rachael Hall! 





No comments:

Post a Comment